Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (71)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (9)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (5)
  Curfew (48)
  Drinking (29)
  Driving (205)
  Emancipation (101)
  Family (239)
  Guns and Weapons (29)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (94)
  Jury Duty (16)
  Marriage (20)
  New Laws (16)
  Other (412)
  School (122)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (35)
  Trouble (38)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (11)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (111)
  Work and Employment (28)

Latest Questions
  • My younger sister is 17 years old and wants to apply for emancipation. If she plans to come live with my husband and I (we will support her financially, as she only works parttime), would the judge waive the proof of financial independence?

  • I'm 17 & just had my first baby a month ago...my mom is on section 8 and has been letting the babys father stay here to help me through the night! She keeps kicking him out then will let him back in for no apperent reason and I'm so sick and tired of it. The house is always a mess and she does nothing all day..I have my GED but no job cause I have to watch our baby while he works and my boyfriend makes $700 ever 2 weeks with his job..can I get emancipated and have him as my provider for me and our baby? Will that be good enough for my part?

  • I read everything about the requirements of being emancipated but I don't understand how too show proof to the court that I lived on my own for three straight months when I'm not yet emancipated.. If I try too leave to Leave my dad will call me in as a runaway and I'm sure that will not help my case in court.

  • if the police have search warrant can they search your house when nobody is there

  • what happens if you outside at midnight and under 14

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #343

    printer friendly version

    Question: How do I get rid of a warrant without going to jail?

    Answer: A warrant is issued by a court to provide the legal authority for the sheriff or police to arrest someone. It doesn't necessarily mean you will go to jail. The warrant is issued because the court wants you to come in and deal with whatever matter is before the court that it has been unable to otherwise get you to come in and deal with. It could be for something as easy to take care of as parking tickets. A.R.S. §13-810 is one of many laws that allows the court to issue warrants and that law specifies that they can be issued for not paying fines, such as parking tickets. If you pay the fines, it is likely the warrant, if issued for that, would be cancelled. You should try to find out what court issued the warrant. If you don't know, you can call your local police and tell them you have a warrant you want to take care of and could they please tell you what court the warrant came from. Then contact the clerk of that court to arrange to come in and deal with whatever caused the warrant. If you do not arrange to take care of the warrant on your own, your question is correct in that you will be arrested and brought to jail until the jail can bring you to court. To avoid going to jail on the warrant, arrange to take care of whatever the warrant was issued for.

    1 thru 5 of 14 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3    
    On 10/22/08
    Dave from Othr said:
    Hi . I have a Warrent and cant come to serve it or go to court .I live in another country ,How would I take care of this ?I am a German citizian and can not enter the USA .Witch I need to because of my job .Can someone tell me how I can handle this ?
    On 07/07/08
    Rodney from MD said:
    i have a first degree warrant what is the best thing to do if the charges are getting droped
    On 02/15/08
    dave from FL said:

    I have two warrants (one for theft in third degree and another for possesion of cocaine both of the were issued in 2005 my first and only cases that I have). I left the state because I did not have enough money to hire a good lawyer at that time, now I will like to resolve them because I saved some money for it. What will be the first step?

    On 10/02/07
    John from NY said:
    I was issued a ticket for riding on the curb for a few seconds and i got caught but instead they search me and found my pocket knife which was hidden away from public view but they wrote on the ticket that I had it in public view when i didn't and wrote me a summons wateva that means..Now i have a warrant which is my first i didn't know i had to go to court so i have a warrent and I don't want to get arrested what should I do
    On 07/06/07
    Ashly from CO said:
    Do not count on having any rights regarding a warrant. I missed a court date for a misdeminor offense. When I realized I had a warrant, I called the court to find out how to take care of it. I didn't have the $700 bond right then and two days later two car loads of sherrifs showed up in full gear to my house to arrest me. I spent the next 14 hours in a mold infested holding cell before being oficially booked into the jail. Only then was I able to call to have someone check on my son or be bonded out of jail. It was horrifiying! Learn something?, you bet I did!
    1 thru 5 of 14 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3    

    Read more about the law and Other
    Related Laws
    Related Stories
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Very often question, where to buy viagra special moment in USA life.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2016. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us