Speak Up! - View Question #18151

« LawForKids.org home page | « Go back to speak up question #18151

Question: What if your employer sexually harassed you in the work place or outside of work? Also askes you to try and get him illegal drugs?


Employees are protected under both state and federal law against workplace sexual harassment. Federal law remedies for workplace discrimination are based upon Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 which applies to employers with fifteen or more employees. People who work for smaller employers are usually protected by similar state anti-discrimination laws. Under federal law, same-sex sexual harassment can support a claim against an employer. State laws may vary on the issue of same-sex harassment.

The procedure to file a claim under Arizona law is provided under ARS §41-1481

The Federal Equal Employment and Opportunities Commission has information on sexual harassment and the steps you can take to protect yourself, as well as links to federal laws.

Sexual harassment is a violation of state and federal laws and you may want to consult an attorney.


1 thru 2 of 2 comments
On 08/30/07
megan from AZ said:
Then quit! Why would you want to work with someone who harrasses you when you can just get a different job?
On 04/03/06
wjkhrbsfj from Othr said:
Go CANADA but drugs can b good
1 thru 2 of 2 comments

Read more about the law and Work and Employment
Related Stories
  • Work and Employment
    • No stories found!
Related Laws
  • Work and Employment
    • No laws found!
« LawForKids.org home page | « Go back to speak up question #18151