Speak Up! - View Question #18496

« LawForKids.org home page | « Go back to speak up question #18496

Question: Who can apply to be emancipated in Arizona?

Answer: You must be sixteen or seventeen-years-old to apply for emancipation. You have to be a resident of Arizona and be able to prove that you can support yourself. The court will give you information about the risks and consequences of being emancipated as well as your rights and obligations as an emancipated minor. You cannot apply for emancipation if you are a ward of the court or in the custody of a state agency.

1 thru 5 of 24 comments
On 04/28/09
tae from AZ said:
Hey well I have a hard life with my parents. And im tired of not having a place to live with them. If I apply for emancipation and prove I cna live on my own. Will they let me?
On 04/08/09
Malibu from AZ said:
Well, I want to get emancipated because i want to be on my own. I have a lot of problems with my parents, i've had a hard life. i'm ready to be on my own, it would be better for me. i'm not doing this beacause i am mad at my parents. i just need free... how can i do this?
On 01/28/09
from AZ said:
Is a 17 year old female allowed to work full-time in the state of Arizona?
On 10/20/08
Jessix from AZ said:
Can I start to apply for emancipation at 15 so I can be emancipated when I turn 16?
On 09/29/08
matt from AZ said:
Me and My girlfriend are in love and we have been talking about getting married and having kids...i dont wanna get emancipated because of my parents....its nothing like that its mainly because i want be my own person and i think im ready. My girlfriend is also thinking about it. We would have somewhere to live and we both work. Is this the right thing for me?
1 thru 5 of 24 comments

Read more about the law and New Laws
Related Stories
  • New Laws
    • No stories found!
Related Laws
« LawForKids.org home page | « Go back to speak up question #18496