Question: You've got the keys, now what?
Under the law, a tenant must comply with all health and safety obligations imposed upon a tenant by building codes:
• Keep your part of the premises as clean and safe as you can.
• Dispose of all trash and other waste in a clean and safe manner.
• Keep all plumbing fixtures in the apartment as clean as possible.
• Use all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning, elevators and other facilities and appliances in a reasonable manner.
• Do not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, or remove any part of the premises or knowingly allow any other person to do so.
• Conduct yourself in a manner that will not disturb your neighbors’ peaceful enjoyment of the premises, and require other persons on the premises with your consent to do the same (ARS §33-1341).