Speak Up! - View Question #22891

« LawForKids.org home page | « Go back to speak up question #22891


I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.


In Arizona, it is a class 6 felony for anyone to tattoo or pierce a minor without the physical presence of the minor's parent or legal guardian.  Some states make exceptions for emancipated minors, but there is no such exception in the Arizona statute.  A.R.S. §13-3721.


Under Arizona law, emancipated minors may engage in some (but not all) activities usually reserved for adults.  Some examples are: enter into a contract, sue and be sued, buy and sell real property, establish legal residence, pay child support, incur debts, apply for social services, obtain a job-related license, apply for school, apply for loans, access medical treatment and records, consent to medical treatment, have a driver's license or non-operating license with the words Emancipated Minor. 

0 thru 0 of 0 comments
Sorry, there are currently no comments posted
0 thru 0 of 0 comments

Read more about the law and Emancipation
Related Stories
  • Emancipation
    • No stories found!
Related Laws
« LawForKids.org home page | « Go back to speak up question #22891