Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17274

    printer friendly version

    Question: A biological father who has not seen his son in 7 years recently started paying child support. Does he still have parental rights?


    It is unfortunate that this son has not seen his father in 7 years but if he is the biological father and his parental rights have not been terminated, then he does have parental rights. The father does have visitation rights as well as a responsibility to pay child support. You can find the specific guidelines for visitation and child support by going to www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/familycourt

    1 thru 5 of 7 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 04/02/09
    charly from CT said:
    can i loose my parental rights because i have a felony on my record? which has nothing to do with children!!!!
    On 09/29/08
    julia from CA said:
    You need to have an honest, straight to the point-talk with YOUR MOTHER and ask her for help. It should really be up to you to decide how much involvement you want from this man that has not been in your life. But to do so legally, you will need your mother's help. Nevertheless, you might want to clarify if it was his choice to stay away from you or perhaps if was your mother's wish as well. Adults make many mistakes and unfortunately, the kids end up paying as well! You are right though, paying child support should not give him the right to see you!
    On 07/22/08
    deb from AZ said:
    your answer is horribly wrong. Child support does not entitle any bio parent to visitation or parental rights. If he hasn't seen his child is 7 years he needs to establish his rights via the court system.
    On 11/20/07
    Sara from OH said:
    hi courtney. Im sara and I was Abused a few years ago and I how somewhat what your going though. Dont let someone make you do anything stand up for your right. If you dont want to see him and your over the Age for your state then Dont tell him your mind and how you feel.If your father Abuse you go and get ahold of the Childen Service. There is also a Night Program If you need them after hours. Courtney Dont let no one make up your mind. Stand up for your rights and I know you can.
    On 11/19/07
    iesha from VA said:
    well that happenend to me too but i honestly think that he has the right to see his child it would be nice to see who your real dad is.
    1 thru 5 of 7 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and Family
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Their website: click to continue where to buy cheap accutane click this link now.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us