Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17640

    printer friendly version

    Question: I know this kid that is 15 years old. His dad and step mom continualy kick him out of the house. When he comes back they call and have him put into durango and then when he is released they kick him out again. Its a continual cycle. After a while they finally just told him not to come back. I would like to know the laws on this one. I also want to know the laws on someone else taking him in and caring for him, what are his rights?

    Answer: Based on your question, the assumption is that the parents no longer care for their 15 year old. The parents would then be considered to have abandoned the child according to Arizona Law (ARS 8-201(1)). A call to Child Protective Services would help to lead the way to resolving this issue. That number is 888-767-2445. If the parents are still taking the child in and kicking him out this would fall under neglect, which is also something Child Protective Services would investigate. For someone else to become the child's guardian, the court would have to approve. You can care for the child, but to have the rights that a parent would have you would need to go through the process with Child Protective Services. I would recommend finding an attorney as soon as possible if you are the adult who wants to care for the child.

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 11/06/07
    Tonja from AZ said:
    I have a kid living with me, my husband and our 2 teenage boys, who is in the same boat with his "Foster Parents" I want to get him in school but I am scared they will put him in a State run institution. He is a great kid and I am scared for his future and he needs to go to school. He has been living with us for a month, and is finally feeling somewhat secure and peaceful. I want to do things the right way but am afraid to contact the authorities. and with 3 kids in the house, a lawyer sounds expensive. there should be an easier way for this kid to have a good home.
    On 07/07/07
    mel from AZ said:
    arizona cps is the pits...they really arent good at getting peoepl ut fo those types of ituations id be careful with that. i made a legitiamte abuse claime wheni had bruises on my arms back and legs. they left me at home and after that the abuse and restrictions were even worse.
    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Family
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us