Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17664

    printer friendly version

    Question: If your parent has been abusing you what is their sentence time? Or does it depend on the how badly the child is being abused?


    There are many types and degrees of abuse.  The punishment depends on many things, including whether the person was convicted of abuse before, how long the abuse has been going on, and what type of abuse (physical, sexual, emotional, etc.).  Punishments can include fines, community service, therapy, and time in jail.

    If you or someone you know are in need of immediate help with an abuse issue, tell an adult that you trust like a teacher, doctor, police officer, and call one of the hotlines below:

    • ArizonaChild Protective Services 888-SOS-CHILD or 888-767-2445
    • Child Help USA Hotline 800-422-4453
    • National Crisis/Suicide Hotline 800-999-9999
    • National Domestic Violence Hotline 800-799-7233
    • Teen Link (Various Topics) 800-235-9678
    • Youth Crisis Hotline 800-448-4663

    If you believe that you are in danger of physical harm, call 911 immediately!

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 03/05/08
    Dani from AZ said:
    i was being emotionally abused and it has gotten worst i reported it to my counsler and nurse. things arent the same and are even a little worst! did i do the right thing?
    On 04/04/06
    Mo from OK said:
    My friend was being abused by his father and i reported it to the counselor at my school and now my friend hates me cause his dad knows that he told me and now their relationship isnt the same. Did i make the right decision?
    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Other
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2019. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us