Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #20834

    printer friendly version

    Question: Since I am 14, do I have the right to choose if I want to see my dad?


    There is no law in Arizona that states when the child turns 14 he/she may change their visitation rights. According to Arizona law (ARS 25-403), when parents are awared joint custody, they are required to give the judge a written "parenting plan" that includes the schedule of when you will visit each parent, and how they are going to propose changes to the plan. If a method of changing your schedule was not in your parent's "parenting plan" to the judge, your parents must write a request to the judge to change your visitation schedule. This sounds like a lot of work for your parents just to get permission to see you, but the purpose is to make sure you are getting what is best for you.

    Talk to your parents about your schedule, and ask them what they think would be in your best interest. If you still want more specific advice about your situation, call the Arizona Children's Law Center at 602-258-3434 x 266.

    1 thru 3 of 3 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 06/26/08
    nikole from MI said:
    i want to know if i have a right to go live with my dad even though he's almost like $12,000 dollars behind in child support? would i have to try and fight it?
    On 12/30/07
    Marie from AZ said:
    I have a daughter who lives in arizona with my mom and my mom adopted her a long time ago and she is 11 years old and she wants to come live with me and my husband what age does she have to be if she wants to say she can live with us and what age does she have to be if she has that right to make that decision.And I also live in arizona.
    On 07/05/06
    Jeff from AZ said:
    I am 14, do I have the right to choose if I want to see my dad? What age in Arizona can I stop seeing my NCP? What age in Arizona can I decide who I want to live with? What other ages do minors have rights for themselves?
    1 thru 3 of 3 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Family
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Click this link: link to original buy accutane these details.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us