Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #21216

    printer friendly version

    Question: My boyfriend is going to buy my car from me but he hasn't transferred it into his name yet. He didn't pay for the insurance renewals and the insurance is now expired. I just received a letter from the dmv saying that the registration has been suspended. How much trouble can he get in if he is caught driving the vehicle. Can I get in trouble since the car is in my name?


    Both you and your boyfriend will be in trouble. Arizona law makes it a Class Two Misdemeanor to display a license plate or registration card that is suspended or revoked. It is also a misdemeanor to fail to surrender a suspended license plate to MVD. If the car is still yours, you could be cited for those violations, which carry fines and possible jail.

    If the sale has already been completed, your boyfriend was supposed to transfer title, which includes showing proof the car is insured, within ten days of the sale. If he gets stopped while operating the car, he'll be cited for displaying a suspended plate, not having current registration and operating a vehicle without insurance. The last two charges are civil violations, but they carry very large fines (around $500.00).

    1 thru 1 of 1 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 01/09/09
    mal from GA said:
    well you know what i have got caught for that. what they did to me was they gave me 2 tickets and towed the car. they said that they could arrest me but they didnt they gave me a chance to get away with 2 tickets. man i was glad my tickets cost 960 total that did suck but hey a least i didnt go to jail that night!!
    1 thru 1 of 1 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Driving
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Look at here: this page buy accutane online no prescription usa click here to investigate.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us