Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #22593

    printer friendly version

    Question: My dad kicked me out of his house on my 16th birthday and he's been telling my brother he wants me to go back or he'll call the cops and say I'm a runaway. Can he tell them I'm a runaway if he's the one that told me to leave? and what can I do to not go back?


    See answer to question #151 for information on being asked to leave home.  See answers to questions #93 and #117 for information on parental control in Arizona.  See answers to questions #17819, #159 and #183 for information on leaving home. 

    You can get help by calling one of the hotlines listed below or others listed on the "Links" page of this website.

    Charter Behavioral Health Arizona Crisis Line

    Child Help USA Hotline

    Child Protective Services
    888-SOS-CHILD or 888-767-2445

    Children's Law Center (Arizona) - Volunteer lawyers to help kids with their legal issues are available.
    602-258-3434 ext. 266

    National Domestic Violence Hotline

    Samaritan Behavioral Health Services

    Teen Link (Various Topics)

    Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE)
    800-816-0491 or 800-865-4314

    Youth Crisis Hotline

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 07/17/07
    Torrie from AZ said:
    I'm sure your dad was just mad about something and didn't really mean he wanted you gone for good, and if he says you need to go home thats what you need to do. He can claim you as a run away.
    On 07/15/07
    Torrie from AZ said:
    I'm sure your dad just told you to leave because he was upset over something, and didn't really mean he wanted you gone for good. You have to go back because your not 18 and he can claim you as a runaway.
    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Emancipation
    Related Stories
    • Emancipation
      • No stories found!
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2023. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us