Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #22607

    printer friendly version

    Question: Hello,I am 15 and not turning 16 until March of 2008. I dont get along with either of my parents very well and I want to go to California to get away and just start up somewhere new. I have been looking at jobs and apartments in California for age of 16 and I could get a part time job, enought to afford an apartment, and still go to school over there. Once I turn 16 and apply to be emancipated here in Arizona, if they accept could I travel to California and still apply for jobs and school there or would I need to contact a Court and Judge there? Thanks for your time, Joe


    See answers to questions #18415, #22604 and #22658 for information on emancipation.  See answers to questions #93 and #117 for information on parent control in Arizona.  See answers to questions #17819, #183, #144 and #122 for information regarding leaving home without parental permission.  See answers to questions #18429, #128 and #120 for information on abuse.

    You can get help for a difficult home situation by calling the Hotlines below or on the “Links” page.

    Charter Behavioral Health Arizona Crisis Line

    Child Help USA Hotline

    Child Protective Services
    888-SOS-CHILD or 888-767-2445

    Children's Law Center (Arizona) - Volunteer lawyers to help kids with their legal issues are available.
    602-258-3434 ext. 266.

    National Domestic Violence Hotline

    Samaritan Behavioral Health Services

    Teen Link (Various Topics)

    Victim Information and Notification Everyday (VINE)
    800-816-0491 or 800-865-4314

    Youth Crisis Hotline


    1 thru 1 of 1 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 06/29/08
    Bob from AZ said:
    I have kind of the same problem as Joe, but mine is slightly different. I live with my mom and my stepdad. We constantly fight and don't get along at all and when we do argue it leads to a fight and my stepdad constantly beats me and chokes me out till' my mom says something and she just stands there and yells at him to stop. I just moved again for the 6th time and I want to go to my old school because they have a program for architecture, so I can get a head start for college. Then I am in a relationship with a girl I love and I can't see her that much.Can I get emancipated? What should I do?
    1 thru 1 of 1 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Emancipation
    Related Stories
    • Emancipation
      • No stories found!
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2023. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us