Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #22819

    printer friendly version

    Question: I NEED to get out of my mother's house and get emancipated. I pay her rent, I have a successful job and I pretty much take care of my little sister on my own. But if I file for emancipation, would CPS try to take away my broters and sisters? And since I live in Arizona, will I actually qualify for it? Also, would I be able to take my little sister into my new house without my mother filing charges against me?


    Your question has two parts - first, to find out about becoming emancipated, look at LawforKids.org question #21319 -

    You also expressed concern for your brothers & sisters, to get assistance in the best way to help them you can reach Child Protective Services at (888) 767-2445, or (888) SOS-CHILD. Also, make certain to call 911 if ever there is an emergency.

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 01/22/08
    m from TX said:
    i'm 14 years old my mom doesn't abuse me but i just need to get away from her and my step dad i need to get emancipated i have so much stress and drama that i cry myself to sleep please please help me.
    On 07/23/07
    Eddith from PA said:

    ok so my bestfriend just turn 17 and her wjole life til now has been nightmares shes been gettin abused we called the child abuse center NO HELP we called 911 NO HELP im tired of seein her this way we even have pictures of some bruces from her father abusing her we need to find out what she needs to do and how we can go about gettin her emancepated 

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Emancipation
    Related Stories
    • Emancipation
      • No stories found!
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Website link: click to continue buy accutane cheap you can check here.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us