Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #24014

    printer friendly version


    Can my mom and I move out of state and not have to stay in Arizona? My biological father who does not come around or give my mom any money says that we have to stay in Arizona even though he never married my mom. He wants us here and not to go to Texas. Does he have the right to make us stay in Arizona even though he is not apart of our life?


    This will be a very general answer to your question. If your mom has questions about traveling and custody, she may want to contact a Family Law attorney. Custody can be a very complicated area of law, and a lot may depend on the specific agreement between your mother and father.

    If your mother and father have a custody order, generally the parent having custody needs to provide written notice to the other parent of the intent to move.  If the parent who doesn't have custody objects, he or she can request a court hearing and the judge will decide if you can move. A.R.S. § 25-408 states: "If by written agreement or court order both parents are entitled to custody or parenting time and both parents reside in the state, at least sixty days' advance written notice shall be provided to the other parent before a parent may do either of the following: (1) Relocate the child outside the state or (2) Relocate the child more than one hundred miles within the state."

    Sometimes child custody orders are included in the language of child support orders established by the state, so if your mother is court ordered to receive chid support from your father, she should look closely at those orders and decide if she must follow the written notice provision of the statutes. This can be a complicated area of law, and so your mother may want to talk with an attorney.

    1 thru 3 of 3 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 11/20/08
    kaslyn from OK said:
    yes you can get a MC license at 14 in Oklahoma
    On 09/23/08
    Anissa from AZ said:
    I dont think he has the right to tell you to stay in Arizona if he is no longer with you then he cant tell you that if your mom wants to move to Texas then its fine your dad probably doesnt want you to go over their because your mom might try to find where he lives all im saying is just go!
    On 09/02/08
    meagan from OK said:
    I've heard from several people that you can be 14 to get your motorcycle lisence in Oklahoma, is this true?
    1 thru 3 of 3 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Family
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    More tips here: this link accutane buy online continue reading.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us