Speak Up! - View Question #496
printer friendly version
Question: What is the maximum penalty for underage drinking?
In Arizona, A.R.S. § 8-323 provides for the following penalties for a minor who purchases, possesses, or consumes, spirituous liquor:
2. A juvenile court hearing
3. Driving privileges suspended for 180 days.
4. Attendance at a counseling or education program.
5. A fine of up to $500.00
6. Community service work.
7. If truancy is involved, a whole host of programs with parents.
8. With a prior record that indicates delinquency, a whole other host of headaches.
9. A stern talking to by the judge