Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #496

    printer friendly version

    Question: What is the maximum penalty for underage drinking?


    In Arizona, A.R.S. § 8-323 provides for the following penalties for a minor who purchases, possesses, or consumes, spirituous liquor:


    1. Probation

    2. A juvenile court hearing

    3. Driving privileges suspended for 180 days.

    4. Attendance at a counseling or education program.

    5. A fine of up to $500.00

    6. Community service work.

    7. If truancy is involved, a whole host of programs with parents.

    8. With a prior record that indicates delinquency, a whole other host of headaches.

    9. A stern talking to by the judge

    1 thru 5 of 14 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3    
    On 12/07/07
    sandra from MT said:
    Where do i get da courage to tell any1 that i got raped and got pregnant and i'm keepin da baby??? ~HELP~
    On 02/15/04
    losergurl0704 from SC said:
    i so agree about lowering the age to 18. if they would do that then people would stay out of trouble more often. people that are older than 21 and can guy alcohol wont be getting in trouble for buying alcohol for a minor anymore.
    On 02/15/04
    losergurl0704 from SC said:
    litica. its never your fault that u got raped. the only person to blame is the rapist.
    On 12/04/03
    T pimp from IN said:
    u cant blame ur self. It would have happened if u were drunk or not. When someone has that on there mind theres really nothing u can do about it. The best thing to do is always have a date or be in a group. Rap is not the persons fault that got rapped but the person that did it. DONT BLAME UR SELF>
    On 10/18/03
    Bob from PA said:
    If someone cant have something, they want it more. (tell someone NOT to look right, i bet they look right) tell someone they cant have beer, i bet theyll want beer. and theyll find a way to get it. finding a way to get it can be resolved... all they need to do, is lower the drinking age to 18. More people will realize they can drink, and will drink responsibly once they realize they can do it often enough that they dont need to go all out all the time when they get a chance..(which in some cases is rare). plus people above the age of 21 will not be buying beer for minors, so less arrests will
    1 thru 5 of 14 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3    

    Read more about the law and Illegal Substances
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Visit: click to continue where can i buy accutane click for info.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us