Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #554

    printer friendly version

    Question: Is it legal to drink in your own home if your parents condone it?

    Answer: Many people think that no child should ever be given liquor. Many people think that children should be taught to drink at home. The law hesitates to invade a home and to tell people how to raise their children. However, when things go to beans, there can be all sorts of trouble from things which would not ordinarily give trouble. E.g.: A father give a slug of beer to his children occasionally. The mother files for divorce, and tells the court and the local child protective authority about this in order to get custody and to get back at the father. The father is in a world of hurt. To see the exact law on youth and drinking go to this website: http://www.azleg.gov/ars/4/00241.htm

    11 thru 14 of 14 comments     1   2  [ 3 ]   
    On 08/04/03
    allie from NY said:
    Yeah My mom allows me to drink at home and since she does that i have no temptation when im out because i know im allowed so theres no reason.I think that all parents should do that bc no i dont drink when im at partys ect. because i can do it at home and im safe.
    On 05/18/02
    dick from Othe said:
    Actually 21 states have no laws against consumption by minors, while the rest have specifics clauses permiting home/religious clauses. Remember to comply with Federal highway funding states only have to restrict under 21s from purchasing alcohol & have penalties for the public possesion of alcohol by under 21s, that's all the states have to do to comply.
    On 03/07/02
    *hol's* from CA said:
    my friend is 18 and is allowed a beer or two when hes at home. that really shouldnt be a crime. its the parents decision. they know he smokes and drinks a little here and there...its basically his choice. for them to say its okay, just do it here at home shouldnt be against the law...but of course, it is.
    On 09/26/01
    lianne from Othe said:
    I think the websites good but you should have a bit were you can ask a question and you find it out for us and a lot more stuff on drugs.
    11 thru 14 of 14 comments     1   2  [ 3 ]   

    Read more about the law and Illegal Substances
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Web site: quote reference buy cheap accutane you could look here.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2021. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us