Speak Up! - View Question #18724

« LawForKids.org home page | « Go back to speak up question #18724

Question: I was sexually assaulted and abused by a cop? What can I do to make him stop?

Answer: Find an adult you trust. That adult should be able to help you find a cop you can tell so that this cop will be punished.

1 thru 5 of 9 comments
On 11/02/07
Gabby from AZ said:
Notify the police so he can be taken out of the force and into jail.
On 09/23/07
Ryan from MI said:
You would want to report it to either the Police's Internal Affairs Division, or go above them and report it to the FBI, they are federal and should investigate a local matter if you feel the cops might just try to cover it up. I have my Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice.
On 09/04/07
Tony from AZ said:
If you have the police mans badge number then you should definitly report him if not just go to the station and tell them what happen
On 06/19/06
Justine from FL said:
I think that's one of the hardest things. If a policeman commited a murder, it would be way less likely for him to be convicted. If there were prints, he could say "I was investigating." And have really small suspection.
On 01/16/06
Ashley from MD said:
Go to a parent or police station. This is a huge problem and they should be taken off the force. If you tell someone that you trust, they can do something about it and it probably wouldn't happen again.
1 thru 5 of 9 comments

Read more about the law and Sexual Assault and Misconduct
Related Stories
Related Laws
  • Sexual Assault and Misconduct
    • No laws found!
« LawForKids.org home page | « Go back to speak up question #18724