Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #317

    printer friendly version

    Question: I am being charged with credit card fraud but have no record, is it possible to get probation?

    Answer: Yes. Most often, first time criminal offenders are placed on probation for their crime. The exceptions to this are crimes that involve the death or serious physical injury of the victim or crimes in which the defendant used a weapon, such as a gun or knife. Credit card fraud does not fall under these exceptions and typically, the prosecutor will offer a plea agreement that will place the defendant on probation. Even if the defendant is convicted at trial, however, the judge is likely to place a defendant on probation if he does not have any prior criminal record.

    1 thru 5 of 33 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3   4   5  ...   
    On 03/22/09
    from VA said:
    i was chareged wth credt card fraud i used someone elses creit card at wal-mart i do have a record but its not in va...and i haent been n trouble since 06 can i get probation
    On 06/25/08
    dra from PA said:
    I used my companies credit card to purchase $57,000 of cameras & laptops (to sell) and other things for myself online. First time EVER gettin in trouble and cant even believe I did it. Any chance of probation?
    On 02/12/08
    justme from VA said:

    I turned myself in for credit card fraud.  I used a card that I found for about $2150.00.  I admited to everything- this is my first offense. Plus I'm in the military. What do you think will happen?

    On 10/31/07
    $tU from MN said:
    Hi everyone I have something really important to ask. I was arrested for Disorderly conduct but havent been charged guilty... Well anyways I stole some checks from my uncle resulting in about 2,500 dollars. I can pay it back before my court but along with that my dad gave me a credit card to use and i spent alot of money on it when i maxed it out at 9,000 he turned me in and said i stole his credit card..he also gave me his social sec number and stuff so if i had problems i could call the card company.. im on house arrest now will i go back to jail or leave me on house arrest
    On 09/08/07
    bb from PA said:
    my friend has a card that I have never seen but says her boyfriend told her to write the number down and use it whenever she wants to. she uses it with my address because she was staying with me she also paid one of my bills with it and now everything is falling back on me and my address if I get in trouble what will happen to me?
    1 thru 5 of 33 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3   4   5  ...   

    Read more about the law and Other
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us