Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Speak Up! - Browse Questions

    Speak Up - Questions and Answers are grouped into key areas of the law. Follow the links below to see Q & As  in these topics:

    More Questions


    Arrested (61 questions)
    If I got busted with weed what the worse that could happen?

    If you are prosecuted in juvenile court, you can be placed on probation or sent to the Departm... more »


    Banking (5 questions)
    What are some things to consider before opening up a bank account?

    There are several things that you should consider before opening a bank account:


    Bullying (6 questions)
    Is it illegal to bully?

    Lawforkids.org has information regarding the new more »


    Contracts (5 questions)
    I have three days to cancel a purchase, right?

    Many consumers mistakenly believe that they have three days to back out of any purchase. However... more »


    Credit (4 questions)
    What is collateral?
    Collateral is an item of value that is accepted by the lender to be used to pay back the loan if you... more »


    Curfew (44 questions)
    What is the curfew in Tucson, Arizona?
    In Tucson, Arizona curfew is 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for youth under the age of 16. For those between 16 a... more »


    Drinking (25 questions)

    I was walking home with 6 friends drunk at 4 am and we were stopped by police. They asked us who had been drinking and the 3 of the 5 who had been drinking were breathalized and arrested, the other two lied and got away with it. We were charged with underage with alcohol in body [ARS 4-244(40)]. We have a court date but do not know whether we need lawyers/what the likely punishment is, any help would be appreciated.

    First we can not advise you if you should get an attorney, you need to discuss this with your par... more »


    Driving (187 questions)
    Is racial profiling a legal way for a cop to stop a person on the road?
    Racial profiling is not a legal way for the police to single out a person to make a traffic sto... more »


    Emancipation (67 questions)
    Please help me... I have been Emotionally Abused by my mother for 3 years now, and I need to get out. I'm deppressed, and I live in a home that is not sutibly for a cockroach, it is gross. How can I get out? I couldn't possibly wait another 3 years.
    If ever a child is living in fear or feels in a dangerous or unsafe environment, they can ... more »


    Family (219 questions)
    My parents were arguing one night and both of them started to get really loud my two little brothers were crying and i never heard them fight like that before i got scared and called the police. well they ended up arresting my dad for disorderly conduct domistic voilance. do i have to testify against him I don't want to because i love him and i don't want him to go to jail. do i have rights

    Unlike communications between a doctor and her patient, a lawyer and his client, or between a hus... more »


    Guns and Weapons (23 questions)

    Is it legal to shoot a bb guns, airsoft guns, or paintball guns in a national forest in Arizona? I live in Pinetop and theres one right behind my town home only place nearby I can shoot. Could I get arrested for shooting in there?

    Yes, it is illegal to shoot any and all of those in the National Forest, they are policed and you... more »


    Housing (17 questions)
    In a monthly lease, can I end the lease by just leaving at the end of a month?
    You must give reasonable notice before the end of a rental period. If you have a month-to-month lea... more »


    Illegal Substances (91 questions)

    What is a juvenile in possession of tobacco products guilty of?

    Any minor who has tobacco products in their possession is additionally guilty of an incorrigible ... more »


    Jury Duty (15 questions)
    Just the fact that I'm 18 makes me eligible for jury duty?
    That’s part of it. You also must be a U.S. citizen and a resident of the jurisdiction in which you ... more »


    Marriage (16 questions)
    If we haven't been married long, can we just get an annulment?

    Annulment is not a matter of how recently you were married. The ground for annulment is that the... more »


    New Laws (15 questions)
    Does emancipation affect my driver’s license?
    Yes, once emancipated your driver’s license will Include the words “Emancipated Minor... more »


    Other (378 questions)
    If somebody steals and doesn’t know he stole something, what would happen if the store found out?
    Our criminal laws in the United States will only punish people for committing intentional criminal a... more »


    School (118 questions)
    Is my teacher allowed to tell us the Iraq war is wrong, preach his left wing politics, ridicule President Bush, etc. in class?
     You ask an excellent question, and the answer is not a simple "yes" or "no."  If you atte... more »


    Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31 questions)
    Is it considered rape if you are passed out and someone has sex with you when you dont know?

    Yes. You have to consent to sex, and if you are passed out you don't have the ability to say "yes... more »


    Trouble (34 questions)
    Oh come on - I just grabbed her butt - so what's the big deal?
    Sexual abuse is a crime and a felony. A person commits sexual abuse by intentionally or knowingly en... more »


    Vandalism and Property Damage (8 questions)

    Is it illegal to melt/deface pennies?

    The code governing this issue is as follows:

    Title 18 United... more »


    Violence (87 questions)
    Can an officer pat me down even if he knows I don't have a weapon?
    An officer can pat down (or search) a person, even if the officer knows the person doesn't have a we... more »


    Voting (6 questions)

    when do I have to be registered by in order to be able to vote in November?

    The deadline in Arizona for registration to vote in the November 4, 2008 election is October 6, 2... more »


    When You Turn 18 (107 questions)
    If I'm away at college, can I just vote there?

    Yes, but only if you have registered there. Otherwise you will need to vote “absentee” with an o... more »


    Work and Employment (24 questions)
    What if my employer failed to pay me?

    Depending on the amount of money owed, you can either file a wage claim with the more »

    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    You can try these out: see details buying accutane online usa page link.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2021. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us