Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #18123

    printer friendly version

    Question: I was arrested and charged possession and consuming alcohol along with my 17 year old brother. They gave a breathalyzer to my brother and never to me. I told them that i wasn't drinking and they could give me the test also but they didn't and still charged me with possession and consuming. They filled out all the paper work and took me home and then realized that i wasn't a juvenile. Can they still charge me? The driver of the car was also given the test and was let go. They found beer under the drivers seat and in the cup holder but he wasn't charged with anything is this right?

    Answer: The police can charge anyone with anything. The bigger question is whether they can prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Go to the hearing; if you want a trial, ask for one. Your friends can act as witnesses for you if you need them there.

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 03/02/06
    ??? from KY said:
    I was in the same situation a while back but my situation was with marijuana and they didn't give me a drug test the just waved that pen thing in front of my eyes and I passed but they still put me in the juvenille detentional center and when I got out I had to go to court. But no they do not have the right to do that because when you go to court the judge is going to want to see the evidence. For example what the breathalyzer test said.
    On 09/27/05
    Jordan from NE said:
    thats sostrange they cant charge u with it if they didnt test u for it and dont have any proof, that amkes me mad
    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Drinking
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    • Drinking
      • No laws found!
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us