Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Speak Up! - Browse Questions about Family

    Family law is one of the most far-reaching branches of the law. Just a few areas that family law covers are marriage, divorce, adoption, child abuse and neglect, and emancipation.

    You'll find questions that other kids have asked about family law at the bottom of this page. Clicking on the question will take you to an answer from a real attorney!

    We hope that you are able to answer your questions related to Family law on the LawForKids.org family law page. If you don't find the answers here, look on the pages below or Submit your own Speak Up question to LawForKids.org.

    For more information and links to Family Law resources, visit:

    Displaying 1 thru 20 of 219 record(s) Show all questions »      [ 1 ]  2   3   4   5  ...   
      My mom died when i was 7 years old and i was adopted at the age of 17 months when my mom died my grandparents started up a legal child custody suit to take me from my dad can they do this they are my moms mother and father
      A biological father who has not seen his son in 7 years recently started paying child support. Does he still have parental rights?
      Can gays adopt in AZ?
      after being absent from my life for 16 year my father is now looking to be in my life again. If I don't live with my mom but my aunt and uncal who are my leagal gardians for the past 4 years could he have a good chance of geting custody?
      I am five months pregnant, and am not recieving any help from the father, is there any way to recieve assistance from him before the baby arrives? (like child support)
      While I was still a minor I had a joint account with my parents. Before I turned 18 my mom closed the account and took all the money out of it, this being my college fund. They are now going through a divorce and the money is just gone (she is claiming that she put it into cd's and now its gone).  Is there any way to get the money back from her now that I need it for school?
      I am pregnant and trying to get state assistance... will my father still have to pay child support for me if I am receiving help from the state?
      A biological father who has not seen his son in 7 years recently started paying child support. Does he still have parental rights?
      What should I do when someone dies and they are on parole?
      I am pregnant and not married, do I have to list the baby's father's name on the birth certificate? If so, what rights does he have to the child versus if I didn't put his name on the certificate?
      What Age Can i legally move out without my parents permission?(they know where i'll be and i'm with another responsible adult)

    Can my mom and I move out of state and not have to stay in Arizona? My biological father who does not come around or give my mom any money says that we have to stay in Arizona even though he never married my mom. He wants us here and not to go to Texas. Does he have the right to make us stay in Arizona even though he is not apart of our life?

      A Couple with children has divorced. Who is obligated to pay child support? Who decides how much is paid? For how long is this support paid? What happens if it is not paid?
      hi my question is i want to live with someone other than my dad and mom but i dont know how to do so my mom is very abusive my dad smokes weed and cant even really support me i live with the other people and i wish it to be permanent my dad doesnt even have a real job when i lived with him i hardly had lights our water got turned off all the time and i didnt really have food for school heck he couldnt even pay for my school so how can i live with the other people
      If you are 17 and you and your family don't get along at all and you have a someone that will let you live with them at least until you turn 18, would that be able to happen?

    at what age can a child declare which parent they want to live with. My mother wants my niece to say that she doesn't want to live with her mother. She thinks that my niece is allowed by law to make this decision at age 12. Is this true?


    Say ur child doesn't clean up around the house so the stepdad grounds him with no ending time but the things he cant do is go outside or get anything like presents etc. His mom is in iraq but is married to the stepdad. The real dad wants to take him somewhere can the step dad stop the child from going?

      Living at home causes stress, depression, and anger would that reason alone be enough for me to get emancipated, go to foster home or anywhere other than home!?
      My mother is not willing to take responsibility for me and I do not have a father so I have been living with my grandmother and her husband for almost 2 years. None of my family really wants me to be a part of their family, and I wanted to get emancipated. But Arizona does not allow this to happen. Are there any other alternatives that could help me to separate myself from my family and start my own life?
      I am 16 years old and i live in pinetop, arizona. My question is, i want to move out of my mothers house because her and i cannot seem to get along anymore, however arizona does not accept the emancipation law, so basically my question to you would be, is there a way that i can move out of my house even though i am a minor?
    Displaying 1 thru 20 of 219 record(s) Show all questions »      [ 1 ]  2   3   4   5  ...   

    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2023. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us