Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17559

    printer friendly version

    Question: If you are 17 and you and your family don't get along at all and you have a someone that will let you live with them at least until you turn 18, would that be able to happen?

    Answer: If your parents allow you to stay with other people until you are 18 it can happen. They would need to provide the people caring for you with certain documents allowing them to approve emergency care if necessary. You should talk to an attorney to cover your bases, but it is possible.


    1 thru 5 of 10 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 07/24/06
    britinay from GA said:
    I got a  tattoo that my parents don't approve of  at all. Mymy dad always cusses at me for everything and my mom wants to beat me for being disobediant. I don't know if I can take it anymore. My older cousin said I could move with her. I hope my parents agree to let me stay because I can't take them anymore.
    On 07/10/06
    Destiny from IN said:
    I'm sick of my mother and her Fiance's constant fighting.sometimes i just want to yell at the both of them that you shouldn't live or be with a person who you argue with all the time. I know they won't listen In reality, I  know that won't happen so i want to leave. I don't want to live with my dad. I don't even know where he lives now. I just think that it would be better if I lived with a friend. I wouldn't want to be emancipated. I know that would kill my mom inside and I couldn't do that.
    On 03/23/06
    ariel from SC said:
    i'm 14 and dont get along w/ my mom very well. i wanna know if i would be able to move out when im 15 and live with ym friend and her cousin whose 21 and has her own apartment?
    On 01/23/06
    Nicole from TX said:
    I'm 17 and have been planning on moving out. All of the sudden my mom says I can't and if I do that she'll come get me. I've told her that I'm 17 so she can't do anything about me leaving but she insists that she can. She just keeps saying " move out and see what happens" I want to leave, but I need to know if there is anything legally my parents can do to me if i do.
    On 11/14/05
    - from AR said:
    Ok i was recently arrested for trying to leave home. is theirs any legal way that i can live on my own without my parents permission?
    1 thru 5 of 10 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and Family
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Visit this site right here: click here buy isotretinoin click this thread.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us