Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #661

    printer friendly version

    Question: I am pregnant and trying to get state assistance... will my father still have to pay child support for me if I am receiving help from the state?

    Answer: Is your father paying child support to someone for you now, like your mother? Or, did you mean -- will the father of your baby still have to pay child support if you are receiving help from the state.

    Let's assume your father is paying child support for you. Yes, he will still have to do that even if you are pregnant and receiving state assistance. The only thing that would change his support obligation would be if you turned 18. The question does not say how old you are, but I'll assume that you are under 18. As long as that is the case, your father would still have to pay support, regardless of whether you are receiving state assistance or not. The assistance from the state does not eliminate his obligation.

    If your question meant will the father of the baby still have to pay child support even when you receive state assistance, the answer is still yes. He will have that obligation, and state assistance will not eliminate that either.

    1 thru 1 of 1 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 11/29/05
    simone from IL said:
    I was recieving public assistance (food, medical) from the time I was 4 months pregnant until my child turned 1. Her father and i at that time was not working so I had to get medical some how. I was ill throughout my pregnany and couldnt work, so I signed up for cash for about 10 months. Once he found a job he put her on his insurance. I got off cash and medical. He has been giving me money to pay my rent since she was born and helping out,now they are trying to go after him for Child Support. My question is what is going to happen once we go to court? Will he have to pay back everything?
    1 thru 1 of 1 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Family
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Look at here now: see details buying accutane online usa continue reading.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us