Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17361

    printer friendly version

    Question: I am five months pregnant, and am not recieving any help from the father, is there any way to recieve assistance from him before the baby arrives? (like child support)

    Answer: There are ways you can get help if you can prove he is the father. In Arizona, paternity must be established before a court will order child support. Courts can order the father to pay for pre-natal care and medical expenses involved in delivering the baby in addition to child support.

    For more information about child support assistance, cash or food stamps, you can visit Arizona 2-1-1 and click on "Basic Services" in the left hand column.

    1 thru 4 of 4 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 12/30/07
    from AZ said:
    DES (in Arizona) CAN get assistance with the delivery, etc. for you, but they cannot get you a SINGLE CENT until after the baby is born and paternity has been established (DNA testing.)
    On 12/13/07
    faby from AZ said:
    U don't need his help u can be an independent women
    On 12/10/07
    kendra from KS said:
    I'm 4 months pregnant and the father is 18, i am 16. does this mean he will have all legal rights to the child and i will have none?
    On 11/19/07
    from AL said:
    if u have a baby be ready to have it, u dont need help from him, u can support it urself...be a woman
    1 thru 4 of 4 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Family
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Why not check here: address of the page buy accutane safely online click here for more info.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us