Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #18327

    printer friendly version

    Question: Are the penalties for underage drinking differant if you are over 18 but under 21?


    There is no distinction between underage drinking over 18 and under 18 made in the laws. (ARS §4-244 & ARS §4-241)

    See the LawForKids.org Laws section for more information.

    1 thru 5 of 6 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 09/26/08
    Marcin from IL said:
    Im 18 and got busted drunk and what not..It was my third time and all i got is community service again. So the law for it here is pretty chill. You'll never really get in trouble as long as yer not drivin. You can get away with that to though
    On 06/28/06
    Trent from TN said:
    To Val from D.C.  I can assure you that the cops do not need a warrant to enter a house that they suspect underage drinking to be going on in. All they need is probable cause, which could be an assortment of things. You are also wrong about the whole 18 thing. At 18 you may be a legal adult, but the drinking age is 21. If you are under the age of 21 and consuming alcohol,regardless of if your parents know about it, you can be given a DUA. It does not matter if you are 20 years old and drinking a beer with your dad on the back porch.
    On 04/13/06
    James from NC said:
    I have been caught by cops drinking a few times and everytime they have told me to be safe and dont drive. I was just nice to the cops.
    On 12/14/05
    val from DE said:
    thats not true..for one, if you let the cops inside the house with underage drinking going on, you're asking for it, whether you live thete or not, doesn't matter. you don't have to let them in at all unless they have a warrant. but there's definitely nothing that says if you're over 18 but under 21 you can drink in your parents home "if they authorize it"- how can they authorize you to do anything? you're 18, you're a legal adult, you can make your own decisions now!
    On 12/02/05
    Sam hendrix from FL said:
    I think that if u r stupid enough to take drugs you should be caught and prosecuted. U should not get away with somethimg you did.
    1 thru 5 of 6 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and Drinking
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    • Drinking
      • No laws found!
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Important site: more information where can i buy prednisone browse around this page.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2022. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us