Speak Up! - View Question #19196
printer friendly version
Question: How and where can I do my target practice?
There are restrictions about where you can do that shooting, but be careful wherever you shoot a firearm.
You cannot shoot any firearm from within city limits except:
• At a properly supervised range.
• In an area recommended as a hunting area by the Arizona Game and Fish Department.
• For the control of nuisance wildlife by permit.
• By special permit from the chief of police of your local municipality.
• To protect yourself or your property against an attack by another person or animal.
• When using blanks (ARS §13-3107 (C)).
Local city ordinances should also be consulted as cities and towns have the authority to regulate firearm possession in areas developed for public recreation or family activity, such as picnic areas, swimming areas, golf courses, horseback riding facilities and boat landings (ARS §13-3108 (C)).