Speak Up! - View Question #19203
printer friendly version
Question: Does the landlord have obligations as well?
Yes, the landlord must also comply with the requirements of applicable building codes affecting health and safety.
This means that the landlord must:
• Make all repairs and do whatever is necessary to keep the premises in a fit and habitable condition.
• Keep all common areas of the premises in a clean and safe condition.
• Maintain in good and safe working order all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, air-conditioning and other facilities and appliances that the landlord supplies or is required to supply.
• Provide and maintain appropriate receptacles for the removal of garbage and other waste and arrange for their removal.
• Supply running water and reasonable amounts of hot water at all times, and reasonable heat and air-conditioning or cooling where installed, when required by the seasonal weather (ARS §33-1324).