Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #20546

    printer friendly version


    I am pregnant and i am planning to go thru a private adoption. the father of the baby is not in my life. my mom is in prison and im wondering what kind of rights i have like signing legal papers to the couple i am giving my baby to. please any info you have would be rad.


    The fact that you are a minor does not take away your rights as a parent to sign legal documents regarding your child (A.R.S. § 8-106).  But, just because the father isn't in your life doesn't always mean that he doesn't have rights to the child as well. (A.R.S. § 8-106).

    For more information about your specific situation, you should seek a lawyer's help to make sure you know all your rights and the rights of your child.  To find a lawyer, you can contact a local legal aid agency; Community Legal Services (800) 852-9075 covers Maricopa, Mohave, Yavapai, Yuma and LaPaz Counties. Southern Arizona Legal Aid (800) 640-9465 covers Southern Arizona. DNA People’s Legal Services (800) 789-7287 covers Northern Arizona.

    1 thru 5 of 6 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 05/22/09
    Randy from AZ said:
    I truly think that it may not be what is best for you, but what is best for your Baby. He/She will will live with the actions you take now. Don't be scared to talk to those that have been in your position. Talk to professionals. Be comfortable with your decision. Help is out there. What's best for your baby?
    On 09/06/08
    melise from AZ said:
    I think if you feel that you cannot give this child the life it deserves then adoption is the way to go. There are many people is the U.S that are happily married but cannot have children and would do anything for just one child. I am the perfect example of this. I wish i knew you so that I could privately adopt your child!
    On 05/07/08
    sissy from TN said:

    well my honest opinion is that you keep the baby cause you're it's mom and you want to have rights to raise the kid.

    On 12/19/07
    danny from AZ said:
    Well i think you should really do what you think is right.But you should also tell a family member.
    On 10/02/07
    heath from AZ said:
    i feel that you have gotta do wat you feel is right!!!!!!
    1 thru 5 of 6 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and Marriage
    Related Stories
    • Marriage
      • No stories found!
    Related Laws
    • Marriage
      • No laws found!
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us