Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #21311

    printer friendly version

    Question: Please help me... I have been Emotionally Abused by my mother for 3 years now, and I need to get out. I'm deppressed, and I live in a home that is not sutibly for a cockroach, it is gross. How can I get out? I couldn't possibly wait another 3 years.

    Answer: If ever a child is living in fear or feels in a dangerous or unsafe environment, they can call Child Protective Services (CPS) to seek advice and help - CPS has a toll free Arizona Child Abuse Hotline at 1-888-SOS-CHILD (1-888-767-2445).

    1 thru 4 of 4 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 02/24/09
    crysta from AZ said:
    i have been emotionally abused all my life.. ive been pushed aroud for far to long... im currently living with my boyfriends cousin because my mom kicked me out.. i got suspended from school and she got angry and hit me across the head.. im 15 and im waiting to turn 16 so i can get emancipated. one time i called cps and told them my mom smokes weed and does coke... they told me there are plenty of parents that do drugs that are wonderful parents.. gay huh? u would think they would do something right?
    On 11/15/07
    Lox from AZ said:

    CPS does nothing, you can be thrown into a bunch of paintcans in your carport and have neighborhood witnesses, and they'll do nothing if the witnesses are young...CPS is worthless...I have been thrown into counters, walls, couches, whatever, and it has been seen by my other family members, I had a sore neck for weeks afterwards, and even went to the hospital to get it checked, CPS checked it out, and my father used the excuse that he was Indian and it was in his culture to be abusive...so he got off scott-free

    On 09/13/07
    sarah from CO said:
    i used to live with my mom and stepdad who emotionally abused me so i know how u feel. Now i live with my dad and my mom is still trying to treat me bad and they were abusing my younger siblings, but we all finally got out of that house except my 2 youngest sisters. i hope thier coart hearing goes well so we can all be safe and together again!!
    On 11/06/06
    Jazzy from AZ said:

    My emancipation hearing is tomorrow. Throughout the course of my life I have time and time again called Child Protective Services for help. My mom is unstable. As of now they have not done anything to help, even when I had cuts and bruises. Do I have any other options? 

    1 thru 4 of 4 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Emancipation
    Related Stories
    • Emancipation
      • No stories found!
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    See it here: this link where to buy accutane legally why not try this out.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us