Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #22196

    printer friendly version

    Question: I read all the requirements for being emancipated and i have a couple questions. They said under documentation that you have to provide documentation of the minor’s independent living for at least three consecutive months. How are you suppose to provide that if you're not emancipated yet? And it also says the court looks at your grades. What if you don't have such good grades now, but you can get it up or get your GED? Would that work?


    You will have to find a place to rent that will give you receipts and show that you have paid. Since you are not eighteen and can't enter into a contract it will most likely need to be a private party. The court is going to look at whether or not you are capable of completely supporting yourself. You need to show that you can earn enough to pay for your food, clothing and shelter. As a start, you may want to sit down and determine how much you spend on each of these, and compare that to what your income is. The court is looking at how responsible you are, and your reasons for emancipation. (A.R.S. §§ 12-2451 through 2456).

    For more information, see the answers to SpeakUp! Questions #22658, #21319, and #22499

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 03/26/09
    Jen from SD said:
    My name is jenn and i dont have a job but when im turning 16 im going to go to job corps do you think that ill be able to be emancipated??
    On 01/04/09
    kalyn from MT said:
    i am 16 years old and want to be emancipated. i make $300.00 a month but am looking into a second job. i am still currently in school. If i am able to get emancipated, will i be able to live with an adult female friend? Will i need to give the court any reason for my decisions? Any advice will help. thanks
    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Emancipation
    Related Stories
    • Emancipation
      • No stories found!
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2023. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us