Speak Up! - View Question #22499
printer friendly version
Question: i have been emotionally abused practically my whole life and now for the past 8 months it has gotten horrible i cant take it anymore im so depressed and im always crying. Can i move out to a family that is willing to actually love me but my parents do not like them? can i just leave for the saftey of my inner self?
If you are in need of immediate help with an abuse issue, tell an adult that you trust like a teacher, doctor, police officer, and call one of the hotlines below:
- Arizona Child Protective Services 888-SOS-CHILD or 888-767-2445
- Child Help USA Hotline 800-422-4453
- National Crisis/Suicide Hotline 800-999-9999
- National Domestic Violence Hotline 800-799-7233
- Teen Link (Various Topics) 800-235-9678
- Youth Crisis Hotline 800-448-4663
If you believe that you are in danger of physical harm, call 911 immediately!
You can also see answers to questions #18429, #120, #18415, and #17664 for information on abuse. See answers to questions #179, #93 and #117 for parental responsibilities and control in Arizona. See answers to questions #159 and #17819 for information on leaving home without parental permission. See answers to questions #182, #144 and #122 for information on incorrigible minors.
Please let us know if you have any further questions.