Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #24421

    printer friendly version


    There is a kid in our neighborhood that has assaulted my younger brother before. He keeps coming over and playing with other neighborhood kids including my brother. Today, he again pushed my brother down. Can my parents have him arrested for trespassing if he is on our property? If they can, how do they get the police involved?


    If you are in immediate threat of physical harm, call 911.

    According to Arizona Law (A.R.S. § 13-1502), it is criminal trespass in the third degree for someone to knowingly enter or remain unlawfully on any real property after a reasonable request by the owner to leave. Criminal trespass in the third degree is a class 3 misdemeanor. According to A.R.S. § 13-1504 a person commits criminal trespass in the first degree by knowingly entering and remaining unlawfully in or on a residential structure (class 6 felony) or entering or remaining unlawfully in a fenced residential yard (class 1 misdemeanor). However, to be convicted of criminal trespass, the trespasser must knowingly commit these acts.

    See question #22310 which talks about the Arizona Bullying Law.

    You may also want to report what is happening to your parents, to a guidance counselor at school or to a teacher.

    1 thru 5 of 5 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 05/13/09
    alex from IN said:
    yeh this problem happenes to be everywhere, sometimes kids don't understand that they are actually punking on others until they have it done to them or explained to them in a way where they themselves can see it isnt right, and about ur question u probly wont get him arrested but u could get like a restancing order against him if he does cross ur property then just tell cops about the other issues ur having like him punking on ur brother and stuff
    On 02/20/09
    Jacob from AZ said:
    This problem occurs a lot in our society and is effecting it more and more as it goes on. But under these circumstances this kid may be arrested for bullying and may be held for trespassing.
    On 11/03/08
    nickie from MD said:
    this is all very interesting an sometime confusing. everything u do in this world can have compition. haha
    On 10/15/08
    Ang from PA said:
    You can only have him arrested for trespassing if he came on your property uninvited and knowingly unwanted. Of course, no matter what you have to consider his age. A lot of districts wont do anything about kids that are under a certain age, so I'd check that out before taking it to any officials. ~AnG
    On 06/08/08
    Dom from FL said:
    If somebody is messing with you on your property, then you can do pull certain things off. First, warn the kid that he shouldn't be messing with your brother. Then call authorities. If they don't do much, I man up.
    1 thru 5 of 5 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Bullying
    Related Stories
    • Bullying
      • No stories found!
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us