Speak Up! - View Question #654
printer friendly version
Question: What is the curfew in Cottonwood/Clarkdale, AZ?
Answer: The curfew in Cottonwood/Clarkdale, Arizona(7days a week) is:
15 years and under-10:00p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
16 & 17 years-12:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m.
Specifically stated in Chapter 10 Section 10-3-3 of the Clarkdale Codes, you can be out past curfew only if you:
- Are accompanied by your parent or guardian.
- Have prior permission from your parent or guardian, in a motor vehicle involved in interstate travel.
- Have prior permission from your parent or guardian, in an employment activity or going to or returning home from an employment activity without any detour or stop by the most direct route.
- Are involved in an emergency.
- Have prior permission of your parent or guardian, engaged in reasonable, legitimate and specific business or activity. Examples include, but are not limited to, a juvenile with prior permission of the parent or guardian, attending an official school, religious or other recreational activity supervised by adults who take responsibility for the minor, or going to or returning home from an official school, religious or other recreational activity supervised by adults who take responsibility for the minor.
- Have prior permission from your parent or guardian, engaged in a reasonable and legitimate exercise of the First Amendment rights protected by the United States Constitution.
- Are married and sixteen years of age or over, or in the military.
- Are on the sidewalk abutting their residence or on the exit door neighbor's property with the consent of the neighbor.