Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #16974

    printer friendly version

    Question: If you don’t get your license until you turn 18, do you still have to get your permit for 5 months?


    Visit the Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles guide to drivers licenses for specific guidelines for teenagers between the ages of 15 years and 7 months and under age 18. You can apply for a class D License at age 18.


    There are several different types of licenses, but the most common for those under 18 is a class G license. A class G license is for someone who is at least 16, but less than 18 years of age. To apply for a class G license you must have held an Arizona permit for at least 5 months or have a license for another state, you must successfully complete a driver’s education program approved by the MVD or have your parent/guardian certify in writing that you have completed 25 hours of supervised driving practice including at least 5 hours of night driving.  If you have a class G license, you do not have to get a class D license when you turn 18, but you can if you want to.


    Visit the Arizona Motor Vehicles Division website to get more answers to your driving questions.


    See also Speak Up question #16: Did Arizona pass a law where you can't drive until you are 18?

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 10/05/07
    cullen from AR said:
    ya, it would help us to work or scool.
    On 10/19/04
    carolina from AZ said:
    i think we should driver licenses at the age of 15
    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Driving
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Why not look here: visit where can i buy accutane online this response.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us