Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17054

    printer friendly version

    Question: I recently got in an accident where I hit a car from behind and caused minor damage. No police report or insurance information was exchanged. A week later he said it was going to be $1,000 and he took pictures of my car and tried to file a police report. Was it legal for him to take pictures and file police report a week after the accident?

    Answer: The fact that you hit the other driver from behind makes you liable for all of his damages.  Arizona law requires that you keep enough space between you and cars in front of you on the road to allow time for a safe stop in case of an emergency, such as someone slamming on his brakes (A.R.S. §28-701).  Additionally, you could be found guilty of leaving the scene of a property-damage accident, a misdemeanor offense that could result in fines, possible jail time, and up to a one-year license suspension (A.R.S. §28-662). 

    Many police agencies will not take a delayed police report on a civil matter like a minor traffic accident.  However, some will.  There is nothing illegal about filing a report late.   The driver of the car that was hit can also file an accident report with his or her insurance agent, and the agent may pursue a civil lawsuit to collect for the damages.  He could make a claim against your insurance too. The driver can also file a claim himself through small claims court, or can file a civil suit in Superior Court.   If he wins, he can also ask the court to order that you pay all his court costs and attorney fees.

    A person may legally photograph a car involved in the traffic accident, though there could be an argument made that that person committed criminal trespass to do it.   If the car was outside, in plain view of the public, then there is no problem with the photographs at all.  If the photos were taken on your property and you had either previously told the person he was not allowed there, or if you asked him to leave on that day and he didn't, then it could be a trespass.  However, no charge would likely be filed under these circumstances.   Even if the photos were taken during a criminal trespass, they could still be used against you in any civil suit arising from the accident.  If you have concerns about that, please speak with an attorney more familiar with the specific facts of your case.   You may need a lawyer anyway, for the reasons listed above.

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 01/04/05
    Paula from TN said:
    I recently got into an accident and the wreck wasnt my fault. A man ran the redlight and hit me but I didnt have car insurance. I have it now though I got it2 days after the wreck and I have to go to court the 12 could I loose my license and what will happen in court.
    On 01/04/05
    Spike from OH said:
    thats not fare he should never have done that to you
    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Driving
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Try this: as reported here buy 20 mg accutane online you can try these out.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us