Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17394

    printer friendly version

    Question: I was drinking during the day the other day and my friend, who was a sober driver, got pulled over. The cop asked for IDs but I didn't have mine because I was at a pool party all day. He gave me a Minor in Consumption ticket because he smelled alcohol on me and I told him I was not 21. What is the typical fine for a minor in consumption in Arizona and are there diversion programs you can take?


    Justice Courts can impose fines as well as community service hours, even misdemeanor probation. The amount of fines varies from county to county. Typically, there is a fine of about $125.00 on a first offense. Diversion is available in some counties, at the discretion of the prosecutor.

    In the Juvenile Court, a drinking charge can be sent to diversion by a probation officer. Or the probation officer can ask the prosecutor to file a petition. If found guilty, you could face time in detention, probation, alcohol counseling, community services, possibly placement into a drug treatment program or the Arizona Department of Juvenile Corrections if your case is seen as serious enough to warrant that. On a second finding of guilt for this offense, your driver's license would be suspended until you are 18.

    6 thru 10 of 12 comments     1  [ 2 ]  3    
    On 05/20/06
    zed from MN said:
    to jamie: the philosophy of "if you dont like it, then leave it" is so ethnocentric
    On 12/13/05
    Peter from ME said:
    While I think it's fine if you drink and don't drive, you need to follow the law in this country. Stop griping.
    On 11/15/05
    Jamie from AZ said:
    If you don't like this country, then leave! You wouldn't even have the right to say idiotic grievances such as you have if it weren't for this country. There is more to consider in alcohol consumption than just driving. Judging by your comments, you are in middle-school or high school and have not yet had a chance to experience all that alcohol has to offer. Grow up a little, do some research before you make unjustified and unsupported statments, and show a little respect for your country and the rights you have because you live here.
    On 10/31/05
    Owen from AZ said:
    Here's an idea, then: Follow the laws. Pretty hard to do, huh? I managed to make it, so can you, I promise.
    On 10/06/05
    Jen from OH said:
    If the government can take taxes out of your paycheck when you're 15 1/2 years old, if you can legally drive at age 16, if you can be drafted into the army to fight and die for your country, I think you're mature enough to have a beer. I think there needs to be one age at which all of these things occur. If I'm too immature to consume alcohol at age 16, why am I considered adult enough to have to pay taxes?
    6 thru 10 of 12 comments     1  [ 2 ]  3    

    Read more about the law and Drinking
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    • Drinking
      • No laws found!
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    This site: source of article how to buy accutane the full report.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us