Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17616

    printer friendly version

    Question: If you are in a gang what happens if you tell a police officer?


    If you admit to an officer that you are in a gang, your name will be entered into a database for known gang members. The issue may not affect you right away. However, if you are later convicted of a felony offense related to the gang membership, your punishment for that offense would be much more harsh than the sentence imposed on a non-gang defendant.

    Most first-offense convictions are eligible for probation unless the offense is particularly dangerous. If you are a gang member, even first offenses are not eligible for probation, 3 years is added to the normal term of imprisonment, and you must serve the entire sentence. There is no possibility of early release for good behavior. (ARS 13-604(T)).

    A person who is convicted of committing any felony offense with the intent to promote, further or assist any criminal conduct by a criminal street gang is not eligible for suspension of sentence, probation, pardon or release from confinement on any basis (except as authorized by section ARS 31-233) until the sentence imposed by the court has been served, the person is eligible for release (ARS 41-1604.07) or the sentence is commuted. The presumptive, minimum and maximum sentence for the offense shall be increased by three years. The additional sentence imposed is in addition to any enhanced sentence that may be applicable.

    1 thru 5 of 13 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3    
    On 04/10/09
    Court from IN said:
    just because your in a gang doesnt mean tht you get in trouble and yu tag up everything! yu are doing whts needed to be done! PROTECT YUR OWN, NO one else will do it for yu... ps; most cops are corrupt.
    On 02/05/09
    from AZ said:
    Being in a gang usually isn't that much of a choice. And once you're in, it's incredibly difficult to get out.
    On 08/26/08
    from AL said:
    being in a gang is peolpes life styles an its there choice
    On 05/07/08
    JT from TN said:
    Hey if you are in a gang you need to get out of it soon you could get hurt bad
    On 04/16/08
    Elly from AK said:
    Why can they give you more punishment. That is unfair. If you are a part of a gang than that is your life it doesnt mean you are in it to protect your own.
    1 thru 5 of 13 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3    

    Read more about the law and Other
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us