Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #21238

    printer friendly version

    Question: My brother, has been using meth, stealing, having weapons, and etc for many years. Recently, he stole a car, and cops caught him. We had to go get him, because he was a minor (17, until november and he is 18). Well, they caught him breaking into a house, and possesion of meth, as well as weapons. They put him in jail, but we had to get him. What I am wondering is, is there anyway to get him out of the house, since he is violent, and will retaliate if we send him to jail, and we get him. Is there anything we can do, since we are afraid of him


    Just because you bailed your brother out does not mean that he will not be facing jail time. Many times family members mistakenly believe that they are bringing criminal charges against someone, or that they have the power to refuse to prosecute & the charges will miraculously disappear. In the case you described, it sounds as though your brother will have criminal charges filed against him by the State of Arizona. If anything, you may be a witness - but you are not in control of these charges that will likely result in a trial.

    When your brother goes to trial, he will face the drug charges. Meth is a serious problem in Arizona, so I'm not sure how the prosecutor will handle this if he is found guilty. A lot of that is based upon his criminal record.  If he has prior convictions for the above, it likely will not be used against him since he is a juvenile - but it may be a factor in sentencing him. In any case, your brother may go to jail without any say by you or your mom.

    If you want to take it a step further you or your mother could get an order of protection against your brother. This would mean that he would not be allowed within a certain distance of you, and would involve him not returning to the home your mother owns &/or resides in. This may not be as much of a goal given your brother's violent tendencies, however, it would control more than just getting him out of the house - it would also control any and all contact between your brother and you and your family.

    0 thru 0 of 0 comments      
    Sorry, there are currently no comments posted
    0 thru 0 of 0 comments      

    Read more about the law and Other
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us