Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #21331

    printer friendly version

    Question: can you tell me how i can narrow my search to find a place to live if i have a felony


    Unfortunately, a felony conviction tends to make many things more difficult to obtain, including acceptance as a tenant as landlords have wide discretion in deciding whether to rent to people with criminal records. I am not aware of any database which would allow you to "narrow your search" so to speak. However, there are a couple of options which may be helpful. If you are seeking to rent a premises, ask up front whether your record will disqualify you as a prospective tenant. If you are seeking to share a tenancy (roomate) again, ask if your record will disqualify you. Since your question doesn't specify renting a place, another suggestion might be to purchase a residence, rather than rent. Hope this information is helpful to you.

    Visit Justice Necessities, a website listing organizations which assist in reentry for people leaving the prison system.

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 10/08/08
    USAZ from AZ said:
    Regarding UKMN's comment: What he intended to say was that, because there were not very many options he does not know where to begin. Therefore "narrowing" his search. Was that so hard for you to understand?
    On 06/24/08
    UKMN from NY said:
    I should think that having a felony conviction would narrow your search enough... how much more narrow do you want it?
    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and azlawhelp and Housing
    Related Stories
    • Housing
      • No stories found!
    • azlawhelp
      • No stories found!
    Related Laws
    • Housing
      • No laws found!
    • azlawhelp
      • No laws found!
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Look at here: visit the website buy cheap pregabalin check this out.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2021. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us