Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #24828

    printer friendly version


    I took my moms car and drove with my friend. It was after curfue and we were just about to leave. I was out of the car and a cop asked me and i told him I have been driving without a permit or licence. We drove about a block and I cooperated with everything and he said he would put that in the report. I also apologized and he put that in as well. He said i was a good kid who made a bad choice but really what could happen? Could I be sued for endangerment by the other kids parents? any others?



     You do not say how old you are, or what state you are in. I shall assume that you are a teenager and shall answer with my experience in Arizona.

    Firstly, you passed the "attitude test," which is very important. The way you act toward a policeman is very important as to how he writes his report and as to how he will testify at any hearing. You showed maturity beyond your age.

    What can happen if you are tried in Juvenile Court is that you can be convicted of a misdemeanor and sentenced to a fine and some type of community service. As you are (I am assuming) a minor, the record or any conviction will not be available after you become and adult.

    To sue you civilly, the parents of your friend would have to show that you actually endangered their child and that he was or they were damaged by the endangerment. Endangerment could be a criminal charge, but the police office apparently did not report such a violation. In Arizona the endangerment has to involve a significant risk of serious injury to your friend. There are no facts to show that you serious endangered your friend in your question.

    0 thru 0 of 0 comments      
    Sorry, there are currently no comments posted
    0 thru 0 of 0 comments      

    Read more about the law and Driving
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    See this: continue reading buying accutane online safely find out here.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us