Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #24971

    printer friendly version


    if my nephew with only a learners permit is driving his intoxicated father and gets stopped....the parent is being responsible by not driving, however what kind of trouble can he get in?


    The law states that a the instruction permit entitles your nephew to drive a motor vehicle requiring a class D or G license on the public highways for twelve months when both of the following conditions are met:

    1. The permittee has the permit in the permittee's immediate possession.

    2. The permittee is accompanied by a person who has a class A, B, C or D license, who is at least twenty-one years of age and who occupies a seat beside the permittee.

    I assume his father has a class A, B, C or D license.  The spirit of the law is that the licensed person is there to aid and observe the person learning to drive, therefore, being drunk is certainly going to impede that goal.  The law does not specifically state the licensed person has to be sober, however, the father and mother are liable for any injury to anyone else that may be caused due to an accident.  I believe that if an accident were to occur, and the nephew caused the accident with his father drunk next to him, they could be liable for a considerable amount of money.  I could also see a situation where an officer may arrest the father for public intoxication if the nephew is stopped for a traffic violation.  If that were to occur, the nephew could not drive the car without a licensed driver, and the car may be impounded.

    0 thru 0 of 0 comments      
    Sorry, there are currently no comments posted
    0 thru 0 of 0 comments      

    Read more about the law and Driving
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    See page see: visit the website buy accutane no prescription additional resources.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us