Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #586

    printer friendly version

    Question: If a school shooting happens, what happens to the kid who did it?

    Answer: If a kid shoots someone at school, or just shoots at someone, chances are, he or she will be tried in adult court. Arizona Law says (ARS §13-501(A)) if a kid is 15 or older and commits murder, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument, or discharging a firearm at a structure, they shall be filed against in adult court.

    If the kid is at least fourteen and does one of the above-listed offenses, the county attorney can decide whether or not to file the case in juvenile or adult court. Actually, the county attorney may file in adult court for any felony charge if it involves the '...discharge, use or threatening exhibition or a deadly weapon or dangerous instrument'. (ARS §13-501(B)(4)).

    Threatening and intimidating without the use of a weapon is usually a misdemeanor charge. (See ARS §13-1202). As a consequence, the judge can fine you, place you on probation or put the kid in the department of juvenile corrections. There are lots of options in-between.

    Every county court is different. Some counties have a policy that everything of this nature that happens at school will be charged. In light of the events at schools in the last two years, threats about this kind of stuff are treated very seriously!

    Also See important information about School Threats on LawForKids.org!

    1 thru 1 of 1 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 01/30/03
    areil from FL said:
    This web site has really helped me with my work and has a lot of information for what i was looking for. I hope all of you who are visiting this web site will enjoy it like i did.
    1 thru 1 of 1 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Violence
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Article source: source accutane for sale linked here.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2021. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us