Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #628

    printer friendly version

    Question: Is it legal to sell a car absent a title and if so what can happen?

    Answer: It is legal to sell a car without a title if it is not otherwise illegal to sell the car; meaning it isn't stolen. If the car is rightfully owned by the seller and just doesn't have a title, it can be sold legally. The problem arises when the buyer tries to register the vehicle so he or she can get license plates and insurance prior to driving the car on public roadways.

    Arizona Law (ARS 28-4801) describes cars that have been abandoned (leaving someone with a car but no title to it) and allows for title service companies to issue temporary registrations and titles and third party license and title of vehicles (ARS 28-5001 and 28-5101). The whole idea is that the department of motor vehicles is authorized to track car titles and when a title is lost, may issue a new title for a car as long as nothing else is wrong or illegal about a new title being issued.

    1 thru 5 of 10 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 06/07/07
    Tracey from CA said:
    man owes me money verbal agreement to pay with truck. Cant find title and he is not paying me now I cant find him but i have the truck
    On 03/02/06
    Jessica from TX said:
    I took over the car payments from a friend who had a car but did not want it.I payed it off but the car dose have a title and the person who has the title lives in south America she is the owner of the car my friend took over payments for her then did not want it so I took over the payments. Propblem is I can not get the regestration for my car.My car is insured with my familys name but when I try to ask my friend for the title he does not have .So I'am haveing alot of trouble and driving with out of date sticker.I need to know what I should do
    On 01/23/06
    tim from TX said:
    someone sold me a car that had a lein on it
    On 06/04/04
    Eric J.Obmann from AZ said:
    I lost my title to my 1996 corisa car,I sold my car, now how could I get a new title?
    On 05/19/04
    Stew from NE said:
    Go to the courthouse and get a title kit. GO through the procedure, you might have to bend some truths
    1 thru 5 of 10 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and Driving
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Website here: learn more buy isotretinoin online cheap more tips here.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us