Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #133

    printer friendly version

    Question: Is it possible to get married without parents' consent?

    Answer: In Arizona, anyone under the age of 18 needs to have the consent of the parent or guardian that has custody over them in order to get married. See A.R.S. § 25-102. Anyone under the age of 16 also needs the approval of any superior court judge. Although no blood tests or waiting periods are required for marriage, there must be a license and a ceremony. A marriage license must be obtained from the Clerk of the Superior Court.

    See also question # 22660


    1 thru 5 of 101 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3   4   5  ...   
    On 04/10/09
    candy from VA said:
    im 16 soon to be 17 && my bf iisz 19 soon to be 20 and we been toqether for a year and a half and we want to get marriied i was wondering if thre is anywhere i can go to get a marriage liscense without parental concent??
    On 04/05/09
    Rose from AL said:
    There isn't any way to get married legally without parent consent. But im sure there is some way you can do it illegally. That doesn't give you permit ion to leave your house and move out. It wouldn't go through with a court either. If your going to get married at a young age at least make sure the person you are marrying is over the age of 18 so that one of you can be a legal adult.
    On 02/02/09
    Laura from IL said:
    Me and my boyfriend are both 17 and i just recently found out i am pregnant but my family is in the military and in two weeks we have to move and both of us don't want that to happen so we want to get married but i know that my guardian will not give me the permission to do so. We know we are ready to do this but we don't know how. Is it possible for us to get married without the consent of my guardians but with the consent of his?
    On 08/25/08
    gerian from KY said:
    I'm 16 and boyfriend is 19 and we want to get married but my mom won't let us and plus if we get married that means i can move away from my mom which i really dont like.
    On 08/12/08
    Sarah from MN said:
    Technically...you can get engaged whenever you want, with or without pernission...it's the getting married part that requires permission
    1 thru 5 of 101 comments    [ 1 ]  2   3   4   5  ...   

    Read more about the law and Family
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Her comment is here: go to page buy isotretinoin cheap read more here.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2021. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us