Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17328

    printer friendly version

    Question: Is it legal for someone over the age of 18 to carry a bb gun (pistol) without any sort of permit as long as it is visible?


    In general, a person may carry in public a weapon that is not concealed. There are exceptions, however.

    One cannot carry a weapon into a school, into any public building or establishment, into any building which has signs prohibiting weapons, into a public event, into a polling place on the day of an election, or into a nuclear or hydroelectric generating station. (ARS 13-3102).

    Also, a person may not carry a weapon if that person is a prohibited possessor.(ARS 13-3101(A)(6)(a) through 13-3101(A)(6)(e)). It is a class 4 felony for prohibited possessors to have a gun in their possession. Prohibited possessors are:

    1. persons convicted of a felony who have not had their right to carry reinstated by the court
    2. persons adjudicated as delinquent and who have not had their right to carry reinstated by the court (If the 18-year old was in trouble in juvenile court at any time, he should consult his attorney about getting his rights reinstated.)

    3. persons found to be a danger to self or others as defined in ARS section 36-540 and whose court ordered mental health treatment has not been terminated by court order
    4. persons serving time in any correction or detention facility,
    5. persons on probation for felonies or for domestic violence, on parole, on community supervision, on release from jail, on work furlough from jail, on house arrest, or other probation
    6. persons defined as prohibited possessors under federal law.

    1 thru 3 of 3 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 02/17/09
    casey! from AZ said:
    good because I own a bb gun also, and I dont think its illegal to own a bb gun as long as its not concealed
    On 07/07/05
    wdb from AZ said:
    I believe that you need to explore whether or not you were a juvenile at the time of the offense. If yes you need to petition the court of record for reinstatement of rights. If an adult you need to apply through the federal govt.
    On 06/16/05
    d from AZ said:
    i was convicted for selling a dangerous drug. i completed parole & want my gun rights reinstated.how?
    1 thru 3 of 3 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Other
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us