Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17670

    printer friendly version

    Question: Can being forced to subscribe to a radical religon be grounds for an emancipation?


    No. As of right now, Arizona does not have a law allowing emancipation.

    There is a similar process called "Terminating the Parent-Child Relationship" where another person other than the child asks the court to terminate the relationship due to: 1) parent abandoned the child; 2) parent neglected or willfully abused the child 3) and a long list of other factors that do not apply to "radical religions" (ARS 8-533). It would have to be proven that forcing you to subscribe to the radical religion was a form of parent neglect or willful abuse. If you want to talk about your specific situation, I suggest you call the Arizona Children's Law Center at 602-258-3434 x 266.

    But, in April 2005 the AZ Legislature introduced a bill to allow emancipation for self-sufficient 16-18 year olds. It is not the law yet, but keep watching to see if it is passed.

    See the Arizona Legislature's Website to track new laws, including the 2005 "emancipation of a minor" bills SB1301 and HB2428. Also, you can write your legislator to tell them your opinion of these proposed laws.

    1 thru 5 of 5 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 05/15/08
    zach from MO said:

    what if you are getting abused and are around 17? why couldn't you get  emancipation it shud be able to get in any state as long as u hav a good case to get emancipated.

    On 08/19/06
    Monica from WA said:
    These laws really mess you over. Why did we ever admit Arizona into the Union?
    On 09/09/05
    Heather from WV said:
    Arizona has a lot of obserd laws,i now know not to move there any time soon...geeze..
    On 07/31/05
    Danielle from AZ said:
    Yea well I want to be emancipated and live on my own, but the stupid law.....!!
    On 06/03/05
    Jocelyn from MA said:
    I really dont like the sound of this i would never go to arizona
    1 thru 5 of 5 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Family and New Laws
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2022. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us