Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #17920

    printer friendly version

    Question: Can you hit back an abusive parent?


    First of all, if you are being physically abused, you should immediately call 911 at the time of the abuse. You should also tell an adult that you trust (like a teacher, doctor, police, relative, etc.) about the abuse. You should also call Child Protective Services at 1-888-767-2445 and Childhelp at 1-800-422-4453.

    But, if you are being physically abused and you cannot run away or get help to stop the abuse, and the only way to protect yourself from on-going abuse is to become physical, then seld-defense it is allowed by law (as long as you only use as much physical force needed to stop the abuse and no more - if you use more physical force than needed to defend yourself, then you could be charged with abuse). (ARS 13-404)

    1 thru 5 of 9 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 11/18/08
    Sammy from WI said:
    I get abused from my dad when hes mad. I dont know what to do though.
    On 09/22/08
    Nick from UT said:
    wow I myself have an abusive parent and just the very fact that we can fight back makes me feel soo much better. especially to all you other kids out there don't key your parents push you to far call the cops on them!
    On 07/11/08
    LOLWUT from AL said:
    "First of all, if you are being physically abused, you should immediately call 911 at the time of the abuse." It seems to me that that's a little unrealistic. Imagine trying to dial a phone number while you're getting socked in the face.
    On 11/30/07
    shadow from Othr said:
    think of it this way war has never solved any of the worlds problem so how should hitting the person who is abusing you solve the problem it will only make it worse by makeing the other person angrier. you should always seek help in my oppinion and it should always be a person you trust like a close friend
    On 09/04/07
    B from AZ said:
    i think you should but only as a last resort you should first get an adult involved
    1 thru 5 of 9 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and Other
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2024. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us