Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #18171

    printer friendly version

    Question: I am 10 years old and live with my Mom and Step father. When I was 3 years old when my mom and my real dad split up. My mom wouldn't let my dad have any visitation until he took angermangement classes. My dad never took the classes but I know that he wanted to see me. My mom had my dads parental rights taken away and then changed my name to her maiden name. She still gets child support from him is this right? Is it right to collect child support and not let me see my dad? If my mom lets my step dad adopt me can she still get child support from my real dad?


    Your mom can recieve child support without your dad having visitation.

    Your real dad can get an attorney, or petition the court on his own for the right to see you. If there was ever any kind of abuse in the picture you dad may only get to have supervised visits.

    Without knowing your whole story it's difficult to tell you much more than that.

    As for the adoption your mom can't "let" your step-dad adopt you, your father would have to sign papers giving up his parental rights first.

    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 08/04/05
    moonlight369 from MA said:
    The anger management class is court ordered and unless he takes it he can not request visitation. Child support has nothing to do with visitation. So no it is not wrong that he is paying without seeing you. It is his responsibility and for your protection that he take the required class. Here in Massachusetts the classes are only a few weeks and cost $50. If he can not afford it, he can make a request to the court and the fee can be waived. Check with your local Family and Probate court. see next post..cont...
    On 08/02/05
    kenzie k from AZ said:
    ok i dont think the step dad if u dont lik ehim should be able to adopt u cause i dont lik emy step dad and if he tryed to adopt me i would have to say oh he** no
    1 thru 2 of 2 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Family
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2023. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us