Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #18219

    printer friendly version

    Question: I am 17 and I live with my mom and dad but I hate it here. They never help me or any of my sisters they are lazy. I mean I hate it here. I have a place I could go and live but I don't think my parents would let me move out and live with someone else. Is there any way to get around that? I don't want to get them in trouble I just HATE it here. Thanks!

    Answer: Most adolescents hate living with their parents. Unfortunately, just because you hate it there doesn't mean you get to leave. There are laws recently passed on emancipation. Check the lawforkids section on this topic.

    1 thru 5 of 8 comments    [ 1 ]  2    
    On 05/04/09
    Cody from OH said:
    Im 17 years old and my dad has full costudy i want to move in with my mom so bad, he is such a phyco. He messes with my mind all i want to do is get away from him and his new family, what do i do?
    On 11/18/08
    david from AZ said:
    okay, so i wear these wristbands, that I bought with MY money, but my dad took them away and won't let me wear them, same with a pair of pants that i owned. is this enough to be able to be emancipated or at least any way that i am allowed to have them back through the court system or something like that?
    On 04/22/08
    kaley from Othr said:
    i hate livin with my mum i want to go and live with my dad but my mum wont call him
    On 02/29/08
    Danni from NC said:
    i am 17. i live with my mom and she has full custody. She wont let me move in with my dad. can she stop me from leaving?
    On 06/07/07
    july from NC said:
    My mother told me i could leave and live on my own with my fiance, now after beinng on my own two months, she has given custody to my father,who I only have seen in the summers since i was a kid, he lives across the united states in portland oregon, and he wants to take me. how do I stay here. I have my GED and have attended one semester in community college. is there any way for me to stay here ?
    1 thru 5 of 8 comments    [ 1 ]  2    

    Read more about the law and Family and Emancipation
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Take a look at the site here: learn more buy lyrica online cheap check this link right here now.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2022. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us