Teachers *  About LFK * LFK en Espanol * Search LFK:   
LFK Home Speak Up! Stories Toons Laws Justice for All Law Docs Change It! Games Links
Search Questions
 Speak Up! Topics
  Arrested (61)
  Banking (5)
  Bullying (6)
  Contracts (5)
  Credit (4)
  Curfew (44)
  Drinking (25)
  Driving (187)
  Emancipation (67)
  Family (219)
  Guns and Weapons (23)
  Housing (17)
  Illegal Substances (91)
  Jury Duty (15)
  Marriage (16)
  New Laws (15)
  Other (378)
  School (118)
  Sexual Assault and Misconduct (31)
  Trouble (34)
  Vandalism and Property Damage (8)
  Violence (87)
  Voting (6)
  When You Turn 18 (107)
  Work and Employment (24)

Latest Questions
  • Is it illegal to download foreign items that is not licensed in United States?

  • I have a questions for you. Since i'm emancipated do I still have to have my parent sign for me to get a tatoo in arizona. And if not would i have to bring the emancipation papers with me to get a tatoo.thanx for answering all my questions.

  • how many people can i have in my car,and what is the curfew in goodyear,az

  • what is the cerfew for pinetop-lakeside, az?

  • Can I get emancipated if I'm only 15, if I'm pregnant, and still going to school? And can I live with my boyfriend which he has a job and will prvied everything needed for me and my baby.

  • Search Dictionary

    Tell a friend about this page!
    Type a friend’s email address into the box below, then hit ‘send.

    Speak Up! - View Question #18452

    printer friendly version

    Question: Both of my parents are from Mexico and are not US citizens. I was born in Mexico and do not have a US birth certificate. I have lived here since I was two years old. Can I get a drivers license? What do I do? Will I be able to go to college in America? Can me and my family be deported if any authorities find out we are here?


    To get a driver's license, you need proof of age and consent of a parent.  That means going to MVD with your birth certificate and a parent.  Since you have no birth certificate, you would need some other legally sufficient proof of age.  Call MVD and ask what else they will consider.


    Your immigration question is too complicated to answer.   Generally, if you and your family are here illegally, you could be deported.   There are some cases circumstances that may make it possible for some illegal immigrants to live here legally, but that person must file the legal case to make it happen.  Contact an immigration lawyer to see if you fit in one of the categories for an amnesty or some other waiver.  

    1 thru 1 of 1 comments    [ 1 ]   
    On 12/17/07
    D from AZ said:
    There is ways you can legally become a resident, not a U.S. citizen but allowed to live here as a resident. As a resident you don't get the same rights as a citizen but at least you are here legally.
    1 thru 1 of 1 comments    [ 1 ]   

    Read more about the law and Driving
    Related Stories
    Related Laws
    LFK Home   |   Speak Up!   |   Stories   |   Toons   |   Laws   |   Justice for All   |   Law Docs   |   Change It!   |   Games   |   Links
    Click here for details: read more buying cheap accutane see here now.
    Disclaimer: The information contained in this site is made available as a public service to the general public and is not intended to serve as legal advice. You should consult a trained legal professional for questions you may have about the laws affecting juveniles or any legal interpretations.

    Send Feedback regarding website content or to report bugs.
    Copyright © 1998 - 2020. Arizona Foundation for Legal Services & Education, All rights reserved

    Privacy Policy  |  Terms of use  |  Disclaimer  |  Contact Us